flying insect treatments Protect your family & pets from painful bites and stings.
Don't let Flying Insects cause pain, allergies and diseases to your family, pets and staff. Ask D-Tec how to protect your Home and Business.
Flying Insect Control Solutions
D-Tec offers safe and effective flying insect control solutions for your Home and Property. Our flying insect control treatments and services are all in accordance with the Australian Standard and we use environmentally friendly pest eradication solutions.
Our general pest experts are fully licensed, qualified, and experienced with flying pests. D-Tec has over 20 years of experience providing flying insect solutions to properties in the Brisbane, Gold Coast, Ipswich and Logan areas.
With the Queensland climate and environment, it’s hard to get away from flying insects such as Bees, Wasps, Mosquitoes, and Midges. With this, we need to be aware and protect yourself, family, and pets from some of the insects that can bite and sting.
For some people, the reaction to bites and stings can cause the redness, itchiness, swelling (welts), and pain around the bite or sting. For others, it can be quite serious and result in an allergic reaction such as coughing, wheezing, face swelling up, fainting, anaphylaxis.
You also need to protect yourself from the bites and stings that can transmit diseases. These include the Ross River virus, Malaria, Dengue fever, Murray Valley Encephalitis virus, Barmah Forest virus, and other vector-borne diseases.
Also not forgetting your pets that can cause dermatitis, heartworm, anemia, tapeworms, Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, tick paralysis, and many others.
Insect Bites and Stings
It is a natural defense mechanism for the insect to bite or sting when it is defending itself or when it becomes agitated. They usually do it to protect their nest or territory. These types of insects include bees, wasp, and hornets.
Other insects do it to ‘feed’, these can include fleas, ticks, midges, lice, and bedbugs.
How to prevent Insects in your home.
- Install flywire screens on all windows and check them regularly and mend any holes.
- Prevent pools of water from forming around your home – clean gutters and drains regularly and mend leaking taps (great Termite tip also).
- Change pets drinking water often and also the water in vases, pot plants, and birdbaths at least once a week.
- Keep swimming pools chlorinated or salted and empty them completely when not in use for long periods.
- Empty children’s wading pools regularly.
- Keep fishponds stocked with fish.
- Change light bulbs to iridescent
Look out for insect nests/webs around your home (be careful not to disturb the nest or you may be bitten).
How to protect yourself from Insect Bites
- Avoid outdoor activity when the insects are prevalent – dusk and dawn are when most mosquitoes are more active but some will be around during the day.
- Wear long, loose-fitting clothes and light colors.
- Wear boots and gloves when doing the gardening.
- Cover infant strollers with netting.
- Use repellents on exposed skin (always read the label).
- Outdoors, mosquito coils or citronella candles can be effective in small protected areas.
Check your pets regularly, notice any itching, changes, flea dirt, and clean their bedding.
Pest Management Treatment
We can provide you with a pest management treatment for mosquitoes, midges, bees, wasps, or other flying insects.