FRUIT, DRAIN AND HOUSE FLIES
Flies – D-Tec Pest Control
Flies are not only one of our most common pest but they are also one of the most annoying. They can spread germs over your food. Diseases they can cause is gastroenteritis, dysentery, typhoid, polio, salmonella and tuberculosis. Please don’t be eating when I tell you this but not only does their hairy bodies carry disease organisms but their sponging mouth parts often involve vomiting when they eat – yuck! So hence the importance of maintaining and keeping them away from your home.
Maintenance tips for Fruit Flies:
- Store your fruits and vegetables in the fridge.
- Dispose of any overripe produce immediately.
- Wipe over counters and breadboards – leaving no crumbs.
- Regularly remove rubbish (as they love decaying food).
- If you have a problem you can put out cider vinegar in a jar in your kitchen to attract and catch the adults.
Maintenance tip for Drain Fly:
- Regularly clean the drains: use hot boiling water and a stiff hard bristle brush.
- Maintenance tips for House Fly:
- Use fly screens and repair any holes.
- Do all steps of maintenance as per the fruit flies.
- Keep garbage disposals and garbage bins clean.
- Tie up rubbish bags before putting them inside the bin.
- Non-chemical methods of using a fly swatter and trapping devices.
- Avoid accumulation of lawn clippings & animal excrement.
If you have a problem with the flies:
– You can do some hand swatting exercises using your fly swat.
– Surface sprays may be used to control adults.
– Fly boards may be used.
– Fly repellents can be used.
What we can help with:
– We have available Flying Insect Control Products such as a Glue Board Lamp Light and Electric Fly Killers.
– If you are having problems with drain fly we can supply a Bio Drain product that kills the bacteria living inside your drain