Termite Inspections by D-Tec Pest Solutions
It is very important to have regular Termite Inspections done to your property to prevent costly damage. Having a Termite Inspection done by a Licenced and Experienced Pest Technician can identify signs of termite damage, termite activity and prevention strategies.
Unfortunately, termites can cause more damage to buildings than flood, fire & earth quakes combined. With no insurance available it is important to have your house/investment protected and inspected. So what sort of things can you do to help reduce the risk of a termite infestation?
With simple environmental considerations and regular timber pest Inspections & protection, the risk of an infestation can be reduced.
What you can do to reduce Termites in your property?
Additional measures that should be taken around your home are:
- Keep weep holes exposed – don’t cover them up with concrete paths and gardens.
- Reduce gardens against the house wall exterior – this gives the termites a stepping stone to your house and giving them a source of food & moisture.
- Fix faulty plumbing – again anything leaking or producing water attracts termites.
- Remove dead trees and stumps – this is a food source and like putting a sign out to termites that ‘dinner’s ready’.
- Replace untreated timber retaining walls with non-conducive materials.
- Remove any timber in ground contact.
- Replace mulches and bark with pebbles.
These are some of the things that you can do around your yard.
Also look internally for any signs such as paint rippling on skirting boards/window architraves, soft or hollow sounding timber, mud tubes on surfaces etc.
D-Tec Pest Solutions Termite Technicians are very experienced and can recognize signs of pre-emanate attack, they have a sound knowledge of Termite Ecology and Biology and can identify signs of termite activity or damage.