Cockroach Pest Control – D-Tec Pest Solutions
Cockroaches are one of the most common household pest and being around 300 millions of years ago, they are known to be one of the hardest insects where they are able to live almost a month without food.
With these insects being scavengers they are often dwell in environments like sewers, drains, feeds off decaying matter such as rubbish tips, grease traps etc. Because of the surfaces that come into contact with they can transmit diseases to humans such as:
- Typhoid fever
Cockroaches can contaminate your food preparation area and be found in your pantry, going over your food utensils, found in your food products, in your BBQ area. Because cockroaches vomit, defecate and can carry several million bacteria on and inside its body disease it is important to put in some methods of control and prevention in your home.
What you can do around your home:
- Clean up any left-over food or crumbs – note the crumbs in your toaster, under your appliances etc.
- Clean under your fridge, oven, dishwasher etc.
- Remove and take out rubbish regularly and have in a drawstring bag.
- Because the egg cases can be transmitted into your house with cardboard boxes, crates of drinks etc remove all the packaging. Store foods in a sealed container.
- Wash dishes and utensils immediately after cooking.
- Make sure you clean your BBQ area after use.
- Wash out and regularly clean pet bowls.
- Check for any leaky taps, pipes.
- Seal any cracks or crevices that they can get into your house.
- Clean around your stove including your vents where any grease has ‘built up’.
As cockroaches can have between 10 – 40 eggs per egg capsule and can live up to 12 months the infestation may be too great to control. This is where you need the help of a professional before it gets out of hand. A Pest Technician will look at the species of cockroach, size, and distribution of the infestation, areas that are infested, activity and assessment of the area.